for understanding and corporation when he visited former President
Olusegun Obasanjo, to seek for his blessings ahead of the February 14,
2015 presidential election.
It was gathered that Jonathan, in the presence of the respected pastors
present at the meeting, appealed for the support of Obasanjo, choosing
not to respond to some of the questions posed to him.
The president had after his re-election campaign in Abeokuta, Ogun
State, gone with the overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God,
Pastor Enoch Adeboye and founder of Living Faith Church, Bishop David
Oyedepo, to the residence of Obasanjo to seek his forgiveness and
At the meeting, the former president had asked his estranged god-son the following questions:
(1) Did you agree to run for only one term or not?
(2) What did you tell me was your reason for not going after Boko Haram insurgents even when I told you this will boomerang?
(3) What happened to Nigeria’s external reserve and Sovereign Wealth Fund?
(4) Did you give licence to Niger Delta militants (Dokubo and Tompolo)
to import arms in the name of their privately owned companies? If so,
for what reason?
(5) Did you not get correspondence from the United States consulate that
a certain citizen named Buruji Kashamu is indicted for drug
trafficking? Why did you appoint the same Kashamu as South West leader
of PDP rather than hand him over to the US? And did the PDP give
automatic Senate ticket to a wanted and convicted drug baron?
However it was gathered that Jonathan who either could not respond to
the question or decided not to pleaded for Obasanjo’s understanding and
corporation as he goes into the election.
A PDP source further hinted that the choice of the two revered pastors
was to soften the ground for the former president to attend to him.
Obasanjo had since refused to endorse Jonathan’s re-election bid.