Anna Ursu, 18, went to the train station in the northern Romanian
town of Iasi in the hope of taking a ‘special’ selfie to post on
However, while lying on top of the train, she accidentally touched
the electrical field of a live wire with her leg sending 27,000 volts
through her body and causing her to burst into flames while her 17 year
old who was with her was sent flying through the air.
A witness who tried to warn them of the dangers of what they were
about to do, attempted to save Anna and extinguish her flaming clothes,
but the 18-year-old died in hospital with more than 50 percent friend, 17, is currently recovering in hospital.
The witness said he had called for the girls to get down when he saw
them on top of the train but they ignored his warnings. He said shortly
after he warned them, he heard a bang – and Anna burst into flames.
May her soul rest in peace.